Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'm a Girl Scout Troop Leader....and why you should also!

Girl Scouts Ice Skating
Ice Skating at NorthPark

So recently I became a Girl Scout Troop Leader for a small bunch of Brownie girls here in the DFW area. At first I was a little nervous because I didn't know anything about scouting. But after some serious begging from a cute little 8 year old called my daughter I gave in and now I'm loving it.

Did you know that there are more little girls out here wanting to be be girl scouts than there are troops? Yep, and its really sad that someone would not be able to participate due to lack of volunteers. Yes Volunteers!!! Don't let that word scare you away, I know times are hard and for some if a paycheck is not attached there is no interest but this is a great organization that has been around for 100 years.

As a kid where you a girl scout?

When I was growing up I was a girl scout for about two years and I still remember our meetings. It was twice a month after school in the cafeteria. We got together did different activities, learned new skills and sang out troop song " Make new friends". Those was the good ole days..

So I am asking that if you are reading this thinking I should be a Troop Leader to go and do it now!!! Because a little girl needs you.... and it really easy to start. You can pick your location, the number of girls, when you want to have meetings.

If you in the Dallas/ Desoto/ Duncanville and would like to help a troop or donated snack please let me know and we will be thankful.

Bye for now,

 


 Too Busy to visit us during the day??? No worries... you don’t have to miss any more deals because there are now 3 ways you can follow us: 

1. Just click here and fill in your email to get Crazy Texas Savings Daily Deals in your email!

2.   “Like” us on Facebook, just make sure you mark us as a “Top Story” so you get a better chance of seeing the deals we post!

3.  Crazy Texas Savings is  on Twitter!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting Guidelines:

Leave your thoughts below and I'll get back at you with a response. PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO PRODUCTS OR SITES within the body of your comments. I will delete them.

Hope you enjoy your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...