Monday, December 31, 2012

OMG I Lost My Job! What do I do now? Book Review

OMG I Lost My Job! What Do I Do Now?: A workbook and guide to find a new job you love - before you run out of money by Carolyn Woods, twitter, facebook
Pages: 65

Summary:

I Lost My Job! These words send panic ... What will I do? How will I pay my bills and support my family? How long will it be before I have a new position?

What Do I Do Now? This workbook will help you move forward, and figure out what to do next! It will guide you in calculating the time you have to find a new job, share lots of ways to locate open positions, give methods for making money while you're looking for a job, and help you put your best foot forward on resumes and in interviews.

Read This Before You Panic!
It's short, sweet and to the point... and will walk you through your "find a new job" process step by step. So read on, develop your plan... and find your next job!
(summary and cover photo from www.amazon.com, book received free for review)

My Review:

OMG I Lost My Job is a modern day survival guide for what to do when you loose your job. Personally with the way the economy is I suggest you read this even if you have a job as a just in case for you or someone else. Are your finances in order for you to loose your job tomorrow? Do you have a back up plan? This book will get you to thinking about it.

The book is divided into the following sections:
  • Evaluate- What do I really want to do, How much time do I have and Emergency Measures.
  • Make your plan- Your job search, making job contacts, resume, getting new skills and filling in.
  • Implement- Getting motivated, interview tips and once you land the job.

This book will get you back up and running when you feel like you have just lost it all. The writer helps you calculate how much money you have and how long it last, how to write a killer resume if you don't have one and what to say to land that next job. 


My Rating:
This book gave me some great ideals that I want to try out and I have a job just to bring in some more income. My savings plan is not exactly where I want it to be and this book helped me to see that.

1 Star = Waste of Time
2 Stars = Didn't Like It
3 Stars = An Okay Read
4 Stars = Will Recommend
5 Stars = Adored it!


Bye for now,

 


 Too Busy to visit us during the day??? No worries... you don’t have to miss any more deals because there are now 3 ways you can follow us: 

1. Just click here and fill in your email to get Crazy Texas Savings Daily Deals in your email!

2.   “Like” us on Facebook, just make sure you mark us as a “Top Story” so you get a better chance of seeing the deals we post!

3.  Crazy Texas Savings is  on Twitter!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting Guidelines:

Leave your thoughts below and I'll get back at you with a response. PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO PRODUCTS OR SITES within the body of your comments. I will delete them.

Hope you enjoy your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...